ENGINEERING SERVICES Our certified engineers are active in professional organizations:
- American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- ASTM International
- American Water Works Association
They have unparalleled knowledge in pressure pipe design, installation and maintenance. Custom solutions are designed for each unique demand.
HISTORICAL RECORDS We don’t guess, we know.
From the roaring twenties to present day, Thompson Pipe Group has a database of scanned and native electronic files for nearly 80 percent of the country’s large diameter pressure pipe installations. Layout and detail drawings, and specification sheets are available for Thompson projects. Job files are on hand for nearly a dozen manufacturers.
EMERGENCY REPAIR AND SUPPLIES Thompson Pipe Group is the one-stop-shop:
- Emergency pipeline closures
- Repair saddles and clamps
- Pipe spool replacement
- Slip lining with steel pipe or split cans
- Third-party oversight and partnership
- Parts available for same-day shipping
Certified by Lloyd’s Register to ACPPA and SPFA quality programs
Hot, dry and emergency taps provided for all water and sewer pipes.
PIPELINE INSPECTION We inspect the uninspected.
Visual pipeline inspections identify joint types,damage, and repair options. Services:
Thompson Pipe Group manufactures and repairs:
- Joint inspection
- Concrete pipe mortar inspection
- Examination of prestressing wires
- Internal inspection during line shutdowns
- Sampling of lining, joints and steel
- A comprehensive report of the inspection findings
- Bar-Wrapped Cylinder Concrete Pipe (AWWA C303, or CCP, P-303 Pretensioned Concrete Cylinder Pipe, Concrete Cylinder or B-303 pipe)
- Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
- Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic Mortar (FRPM)
- Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP)
- Prestressed, Prestressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe, PCCP
- Prestressed Concrete Lined Cylinder Pipe (AWWA C301, L-301, E-301 or SP-5)
- Prestressed Concrete Embedded Cylinder Pipe (AWWA C301, E-301 or SP-12)
- Prestressed Concrete Noncylinder Pipe (NC-301, SP-23, SP-28, or SP-31)
- Polymer pipe
- Reinforced Concrete Cylinder Pipe (AWWA C300, V-300, SP-3, ASTM C76, ASTM C655 or AASHTO M170)
- Reinforced Concrete Noncylinder Pipe (C302, SP-1, SP-25, SP-32, ASTM C361)
- Reinforced Polymer Mortar Pipe (RPMP)
- Steel Pipe (S-200)
Don’t see your pipe? Pipes can have multiple names. Call us and we’ll discuss a solution.